The Commission will present the new European Strategy for LGBTI+ rights 2020-2024 in mid-November 2020.
Last February 2020, RENEW Europe launched its “Renew4Equality” permanent campaign and adopted its “10 commitments for LGBTI+ rights” document.
This event will aim at highlighting some of our RENEW Europe key commitments for LGBTI+ rights, in light of the newly published European Strategy for LGBTI+ rights.
10H00: Opening remarks by MEP Sophie in 't Veld, Renew4Equality
10H05: Focus on RENEW Europe priorities for the new EU LGBTIQ Strategy
• Fight LGBTIQ phobia across the EU, introduced by MEP Nicolae Ştefănuță
- Presentation by Miko Czerniwinsi, activist, Queerowy Maj Cracow and Amnesty International Poland
• Freedom of Movement for all rainbow families, introduced by MEP Radka Maxová
- Presentation by Adéla Horáková, Lawyer, Czech Marriage Equality Campaign
• Ban conversion therapies across the EU, introduced by MEP Pierre Karleskind
- Presentation by Benoit Berthe, French citizen, founder of the collective “Rien à guérir”
• Make the EU a welcoming place for LGBTIQ asylum seekers, introduced by MEP Maite Pagazaurtundúa
- Presentation by Akram Kubanychbekov, Senior Policy Officer, ILGA Europe
• Protect the rights of trans people all over the EU, introduced by MEP Irene Tolleret
- Presentation by Richard Köhler, Senior Policy Officer, Transgender Europe
10H40: Open discussion
11H10: Keynote Speech by Helena Dalli, European Commissioner for Equality