Climate change? Challenge accepted!
We recognise the great climate challenge we face together. The effects of climate change can be felt in Europe today. Our goal is to make Europe climate neutral by 2050. This is not an easy task, but we work every day to get the job done and deliver the European green transition in a pragmatic and genuine way.
The green transition is not just a challenge, it is also an opportunity:
- An opportunity to create green growth
- An opportunity to create the technological solutions of the future
- An opportunity to create new jobs in Europe
- An opportunity to create a better future for everyone
This is why when you say climate problem, we say: Challenge accepted.
How are we taking action?
We are fully committed to the ambitions of the Paris Agreement and now it is time to deliver on them. We have successfully pushed for an ambitious EU Climate Law that raises the targets for EU greenhouse gas emissions to at least 57% by 2030 and reaches net-zero emissions by 2050 at the latest.
To reach these targets, we need concrete action. This is why we are working to implement the Green Deal, the package of legislative proposals that the European Commission has presented to make the European green transition a reality.
Our goal is to help shape a European Green Deal that:
- Works for everyone. For our people, for our businesses, for us all.
- Delivers economic prosperity in all corners of the EU.
- Fosters innovation and helps us create the technologies of the future.
Want to know more about our work on the Green Deal? Watch our Q&A!