10.30 - 10.50 Opening session
Welcome & introductory remarks
- Emma WIESNER, Renew Europe MEP in AGRI and ENVI committees.
- Pierre BASCOU, Director General for Markets. DG AGRI, European Commission.
10.50 - 11.20 Panel I - Sources of plant and insect protein
- Göran BERNDES, Professor at Chalmers University of Technology.
- Protein extraction from grasslands. (online)
- Sandrine LAURET, Policy Manager at European Alliance for Plant-based Foods (EAPF).
From examples to reality: how European farmers and food processors can benefit from an EU Protein Strategy.
11.20-11.30 Questions from the audience
11.30-12.00 Panel II - Sources of aquatic protein and alternative feed for its production
- Christophe DERRIEN, Secretary General at International Platform of Insects for Food and Feed (IPIFF).
- Alternative feeds: insects
- Carlos BALD, Principal Researcher at AZTI Research Institute.
Aquatic protein and its role in a sustainable food system
12.00 - 12.20 Debate and questions from the audience
12.20 -12.30 Closing session and conclusions
- Ulrike MÜLLER, Renew Europe MEP, AGRI coordinator
- Izaskun BILBAO, Renew Europe MEP, PECH coordinator
- Emma WIESNER, Renew Europe MEP in AGRI and ENVI committees