The Renew Europe group would like to invite you to :
a webinar on “Forced sterilization of trans persons; a tortuous practice standing in the way of self-determination”
taking place between 3:00pm - 4:30pm
TODAY, 10th December.
The new LGBTIQ Strategy aims to put in place accessible gender legal recognition legislation and procedures based on the principle of self-determination and clearly target harmful practices, such as forced medicalisation of trans people. However, six EU countries continue to demand sterilization as a requirement for gender reassignment.
This webinar will explore the still prevailing practice of forced sterilization on trans persons in the EU and the way forward to ensuring self-determination.
- Helena Dalli, Commissioner for Equality
- Sophie in ‘t Veld, MEP, Renew Europe, LIBE
- Alex Oksanen, chair of youth committee and a board member, Trasek
- Barbora Soukupová, President, Trans*parent CZ
- Leo Mulió Alvarez, Health Officer, TGEU
- Cianán Russell, Senior Advocacy Officer, ILGA Europe
More information about the event can be found on the Renew Europe webpage (https://reneweuropegroup.eu/en/events/).
The event will be livestreamed on Livecasts and Facebook.
You can submit questions through this link.
Looking forward to welcome you at the event.
For more information, please contact
Mob : +46 (0)73 912 70 77