YOUTH CAN DO IT
Let’s meet up to shake up Europe!
On 11 & 12 July 2022, we invite young people from all across Europe to Brussels - the political heart of the EU - to discuss together with Members of the European Parliament (MEPs) about specific policy solutions on youth employment, entrepreneurship, mental health, inclusion, environment and many other relevant issues.
Follow our live stream here on 11 July
Tag us on social media @RenewEurope
Monday, 11 July 2022 (Room ASP 5E2)
14.00 Welcome words
14.15 Presentation of Renew4Youth by MEP Laurence Farreng & MEP Dragoş Pîslaru
14.45 High-level discussions on youth-related topics
- Let’s face today’s challenges without anxiety - Mental health & well-being with Soraya Rodríguez (MEP), Valérie Hayer (MEP), Antonella Bugeja (Activist of Mental Health & LGBTI), Daphne Argyrou (Coordinator at Nightline)
- From intern to CEO - Youth Entrepreneurship & the future of employment
with Svenja Hahn (MEP), Georges-Louis Bouchez (Senator & MR Party
Leader), Alberto Carvalho Neto (President Jeunes Entrepreneurs de
L’Union Européenne), Ana Andonovska (Entrepreneur & founder of With
16.15 High-level discussions on youth-related topics
- Green your life, green your future - Climate & environmental protection with Nicolae Ștefănuță (MEP), Emna Everard (CEO of Kazidomi), Agata Meysner (Bureau Member of Generation Climate Europe), Hlib Mikhno (European Climate Pact Ambassador)
- BE4U, B4ALL - How do we foster inclusion, diversity & civic engagement? with Samira Rafaela (MEP), Elena Bonetti (Minister for Family and Equal Opportunities in Italy)
17.30 Motivational speech on the importance of youth involvement by Bart Staszewski (LGBT activist)
17.45 Closing of the event by Kritikos (Artist and Human rights activist)
Tuesday, 12 July 2022
On the second day of the event the participants will be divided into
working groups covering a diverse range of policy areas in order to
identify together, through a meetup format, challenges that young people face and come up with specific policy solutions.
08.30-10.30 Renew4Youth Meetups kick-off
The participants will be divided into 4 working groups to actively participate in discussions on youth priorities and to draft the Renew Europe Manifesto for Youth. The MEPs of the Renew4Youth task force will be present in the discussions.
• Climate change and environment (Room A5G1)
• Diversity, inclusion and civic engagement (Room P1C51)
• Mental health (A5G375)
• Youth entrepreneurship and the future of work (Room P1C47)
Room PHS 7C050
10.45 Presentation of Renew4Youth Meetups results by participants
11.45 Closing of the event by MEP Laurence Farreng & MEP Dragoş Pîslaru
2022 is the European Year of Youth (EYY), shedding a light on
the importance of European youth to build a better future – greener,
more inclusive and digital. With plenty of opportunities for
young generations to learn, share their vision, meet people and engage
in activities all over Europe, the European Year of Youth is the moment
to move forward with confidence and hope in a post-pandemic perspective.
Renew Europe is the pro-European, centrist and liberal political group in the European Parliament.
We fight for your freedom and civil rights, we push for a fast and just
digital and green transition, and we are committed to the creation of
jobs and securing economic growth. We are committed to you, we are
committed to Europe and that is what we are fighting for. But, in order
to be successful, we need YOUth!